The theme of the 2012 conference is “Rising to the Challenge” -- recognizing that as priorities change due to economic, environmental, political and other constraints, we face increasing challenges as we strive to protect and maintain our coastal areas. We need to rise to these challenges in positive ways through increased collaboration and more intelligent efforts. These coastal challenges extend beyond the narrow strip where waves wash ashore. Our nation’s shorelines also include wetlands, lagoons, bays and estuaries, and offshore areas, and are governed and funded by an expanding array of stakeholders.
Join us for three days of coastal science, policy, technology and politics in San Diego, CA.
- Online Registration (for conference costs, please see below)
- Fact Sheet
- Draft Program Abstracts and bios now available.
- Conference Sponsors
- Sponsorships are still available. If you are interested in one of these fantastic opportunities, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Hotel: Catamaran Resort Hotel & Spa
3999 Mission Blvd., San Diego, CA 92109 1-800-422-8386 • 1-858-488-1081 for reservations. Conference rate: Standard hotel room $131/day single or double.
- Call for Awards (Due date: Aug. 10, 2012)
- Transportation: The Catamaran Hotel is approximately 10 miles or 15 minutes from the San Diego International Airport at Lindberg Field. If you decide to rent a car, the resort does charge a per-day parking fee of $13 for self-parking and $17 for valet. The hotel uses the Cloud 9 Shuttle from/to the airport; cost is $12 per person each way. They claim reservations are only needed when leaving the hotel for the airport, or if you want exclusive use of the van (which comes at a higher per-person cost). If you want to make reservations online, go to http://www.cloud9shuttle.com/.
- Another option for transportation to and from the airport is Super Shuttle: Click for details.
*Full-day USACE Planning Workshop: Pre-conference workshop Tuesday, Oct. 9, 8 a.m.-5 p.m.:"The Future of US Army Corps of Engineers Coastal Project Planning and Implementation" Presented by USACE National Planning Center for Coastal Storm Damage Reduction. Lunch is included.
Registration: Wednesday, Oct. 10, 10 a.m.
Plenary session: Wednesday, Oct. 10, 1-5:00 p.m.
Reception: Wednesday, Oct. 10, 6-7 p.m.
Continental Breakfast: Oct. 11, 7:00-8:00 a.m.
Concurrent sessions: Thursday, Oct. 11, 8:00a.m.-11:0 p.m., 1:00-5:40 p.m.
Luncheon: Thursday, Oct. 11, 11:00 p.m.-1:00 p.m.
Awards: Thursday, Oct. 11, noon
Volley ball Game: Thursday, Oct.11, 5:15-6:15p.m.
Continental Breakfast: Friday, Oct. 12, 7:00-8:00 a.m.
Concurrent sessions: Friday, Oct. 12, 8:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.
Closing: Friday, Oct. 12, 11:30 a.m.
*Field Trip: Post-conference field trip Friday, Oct. 12, noon-5 p.m. The trip will include lunch and a bus tour of several projects occurring in San Diego County.
**Program, including times, is in draft form and may be modified
Before Sept. 7 $350
After Sept. 7 $400
At the door $450
Workshop (full day) $175
Field trip $50
Non-ASBPA member (registration includes 2013ASBPA membership)
Before Sept. 7
After Sept. 7
At the door
Before Sept. 10 $200
After Sept. 10 $200
At the door $200
Field trip $35
Student non-member (registration includes 2013 ASBPA membership)
Before Sept. 10 $225
After Sept. 10 $225
At the door $225
Field trip $35